Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lightning

This was a ten minute write in my writer's group and thought I would share it will all of you for good or bad! :)




Lightning


Lightning strikes
Telling me lies
Lies illuminated
Manipulated
As lights go out
Downstairs
A memory flashes
Bright
In the corner room
It was the night you came
To my bedside
Your tears
Flowing like clear streams
Your breathing
Rapid
Increasing
As you profess
To apologize
For what
For what
You can’t say why
Except that you love me
But there has been an indiscretion
An err in judgment
You never meant to hurt
Me
You
Him
Us
Mostly you
It won’t happen again you say
Haley’s comet is only seen
Every seventy-six years
Too long to wait
Lightning flashes
When storms brew
Sometimes when Realization
Blends with the truth
That indicates that it might
Just might happen again
I mean
It did happen
Last night
As you slipped into to door
Tripping over your own shadow
As if I was unaware
Of your absence
But then the phone rang
And I answered
There was a hesitation
A wounded wolf
So I asked
Whom was calling
Knowing full well who it was
And he said
Paul just Paul
Lightening struck for the last time
As the caller confessed
That I was a fool
Made a fool
A fool who trusted
Believed
A liar’s breath
A liar’s tears
A liar’s explanation
Of the distorted truth
A truth of sorts
You can always find where the lie unravels
If you listen carefully enough
It was an indiscretion
Yes it was
And it won’t happen again
He told me
And it won’t of course
Because I will see to it
See to it
Like honey to a bee

No comments:

Post a Comment