Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rainbow



This is my response to I'd Pick More Daisies


Rainbows



If I had to live my life over, I would live with fewer regrets,
respond to others with more grace and forgiveness,
and manage to forgive myself for just being human.

If I had to live my life over, I would travel more to misty lands,
absorb creamy cultures, and observe the commonality
in us all. I would eat new things, try on and wear new
adventures, and listen and learn from newly made friends.

I'd allow others in more than I do now, live authentically
more frequently, and whisper sweet secrets in return.
I'd stop and smell the roses, watch a spider spin her web,
walk barefoot on the beach as often as possible,
not like I do now. I'd kiss more babies, read more of the classics,
even modern, and understand the backlight of human experiences.

If I had to live my life over, I'd know sooner what I learned
later, and express my gratitude for skinning my knees
and bruising my ego, even when it really hurt. I'd enjoy
the present, what is, not what was, or even what will be,
as we are constantly changing, evolving.

If I had to live my life over, I would allow myself to become
a sponge, absorb the lessons life has taught. I would handle
the big misfortunes, and I would worry less about the things
I cannot change.

I'd treat my body with more respect, walk taller,
become more confident in my very own essence
in this moment, this very moment. I'd pet more dogs,
hug more trees, listen to the crashing waves,
comprehending its canter and language, as I watched
the tide rob sand from the shore.

If I had to live my life over, I'd be a better friend, a better
listener, and a better partner. I'd love unconditionally.
I'd count more stars in the sky, know more constellations
and ride the tail of a comet and let it take me wherever
it intended to go.

I'd soar over fields of tulips, rest in beds of heather.
I'd hug others more. I'd plant more seeds and sit back
and watch things grow, and smile at a world full of miracles.
I'd chase more rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment