Sunday, December 25, 2011

Reckless




Breathless in charcoal grayness,
your eyes closed, do you recognize
my caramelized sugar kiss,or my scent
emanating from seared skin,
flesh that burns for your effusive eyes,
a fever that resonates insidiously?
I am incomparable to most strangers,
can't you see, you absurd, myopic
fool, especially in matters that concern
even a whisper of you, a vision
I have memorized wholly,
the curves of your languid lips,
the traces of agonizing lines grown
from harrowing lessons to ravishing
rewards, the raw vulnerability
you display when you are timorous
of disparaging shadows?

Give me a crystalline sign, anything.
Inch closer to my judicious eyes
or copiously fade away; you choose.
If I vanished, trees forming fences,
canopies of branches banishing
the feverish sun, taking me captive,
would you take heed when I vociferously
proclaim your name? Your muted,
baritone voice, unique and succinct,
could echo for a thousand summers
if you even dared to summon
my scattered ghost, but perilous
doubts haunt my tethered soul.

You, the ultimate aberration I fear;
I embrace your pathetic presence
even in cobalt darkness, I derive
what is tangible by what I perceive,
how I interpret the present,
how it contours my auspicious future,
allowing erstwhile wounds to melt
like a stick of butter in a greasy,
blistering pan. Yet, you recklessly
steamroll over liquid emotions
like a crop-duster spraying fields
of corn full of toxic pesticide,
making them inconceivable to consume
without concern. Indifference
is your Achilles' heel, your merciless flaw, .
your blind-spot, Jupiter's red eye glaring
at your baffled facade.


The time is now to proceed, displace
these languid hurts that cause entrapment,
like a housefly pressed against the wall
by stubborn, sticky fingers by a playground bully.
You can not know me, truly comprehend
what is at stake. Your dismissive eye speaks
volumes, so I slip through satin fingers,
and fly to distant lands. Now, I avoid
your tainted, defiled love, by choosing
to sidestep your unconscious ambush,
and venture toward the milky, misty
future...without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment