Friday, February 17, 2012

Wisdom




* While I thought this was not my best write, it received a trophy on AllPoetry. It is a fun site, for those writers who want to practice writing with new prompts in a time limit. This was under the Quickie section, so I literally had to come up with a ten line poem in 2 hours based on this particular topic.Anyway, I hope you all appreciate the effort, and I encourage people to play along, not just for the trophies, but some of the feedback you get from other writers is actually useful, and others, naturally, you can discard. Have a great weekend.


Like the old adage proclaims:
I wish I knew then what I know now,
as if some secret chamber of knowledge
would protect me from the claret choices
I made, good, or bad, or indifferent.
There is never a question of what is correct
and what constitutes a mistake.
I never would have put ink to paper
if I did not have tales to weave and wonder. .
Such as I am, I have grown in wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment