Friday, February 24, 2012

Stormy




Your daydream dances inside my head,
tantalizing me like a languid lover
headed for a freight train,
about to jump its tracks:

careless,
reckless,
out of control.

When you declared you were leaving
my heart cried foul, and the searing
shock of your assault pummeled
me to treacherous ground.

What was I to fathom?
Anxiety invaded my body
like a careless hurricane drowned
in corpuscles and veins,
until I had no direction.
Comfort left my sacred house,
while depression moved in,
inhabiting even the darkest
of sullen corners and surly shadows.

It was a violation of my consummate lovel,
so much so that I capsized
like an engulfed barge
trapped in lethal tidal waves.
So much of my pearly essence
was attached to your churlish charm;
my confidence, my conviction, my integrity,
buzzed hastily out the postern door
like a bullet speedily exiting a gun,
leaving me a balance of debris:

repugnance,
acrimony,
abhorrence.

Yet, you refused to relinquish
the devious imprint you callously
seared on my indignant soul.

Look within I say.

Then one creamy morning
I awoke to a steely stillness
within, and I meticulously conceived
that only an abysmal abomination
can take me down for the count.
Like a lassoed bull stubbornly
fighting against brawny rope,
I succumbed rather than resisted,
abandoning your torturous reign
and I stepped up to the plate,
amplified through self acceptance,
and somehow sidestepped
your wicked potion. I affirmed
that I was your perilous antidote,
to your treacherous venom,
your Achilles Heel, your weapon
of mass destruction,
and it could not have materialized
at a more enlightened milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment