Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sand In My Shoes




The sea washes away crystal sand castles
like wiping a blackboard slate clean,
the tide robbing sand from the surly shore.
It reminds me of what can transpire
in a milky moment.

One of us is always arriving, the other departing,
through opaque doors of opal and liquid dreams,
silent dreams where I always keep you present,
a velvet wish, soft like an overstuffed chair,
comforting my perilous heart
when you are a moon away.

The magical box has been glaringly exposed
by your caramel key. I rouse
from malleable slumber, slipping
into my sandals, as the willowy waves
beckon me, calling me like a siren's anthem.
I urgently wade into the silken ocean,
until I peer just over the hazel horizon,
relishing the sacred island
of starfish and sea horses.
Are you there perhaps on the other shore
longing mistily for me, whispering a luscious wish?

I shut my diamond eye, tears stinging lovingly;
I can distinguish you in my aching soul...
sky blue eyes , dark mane, stoic, yet benevolent.
It's with satin curtains pulled, that I perceive
you clearest, encounter your honey sighs
upon my torso chilled, thoughts unblemished
by what the crazy, weary world offers.
I exhale trembling ever so slightly,
my nucleus ever aching, aching,
my tethered soul unyielding.

I continue to fervently replenish my hope,
chasing splendid, lemon journeys
to acute depths not yet forged
facing frosty truths, lonely, but not alone.
I miss you as always,your silent kisses
betrayed by melancholy sorrow,
when you suddenly vanish
lost in the blues and greys.
We seem to be at a crossroads
where our inner roads conjoin,
seemingly selecting the languorous path
just us two, the Siamese twins,
fearlessly facing life's challenges,
together.

No comments:

Post a Comment