Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Benevolent



Even cobalt blackness can not remove
    the sinister sins of his eyes. The satin smile
    and silver tongue dramatically disguise
        brutal insincerities and languid lies.

He tells filthy untruths while his pearlies
    are gleaming, a surefire signal
    that I shall earn a perilous parting gift,
        compliment of life's follies.

At one point in my encounters, I believed
    in his churlish charm, as he ruthlessly romanced
    my inner sanctum, pulling and weaving
        tremulous secrets forbidden to be postulated.

He emphatically emphasized that the wilted words
    I blundered would be but a carefully amassed keepsake, 
    one that would be relished, respected, revered:
        "never look a gift horse in the mouth."

I am afloat, running by the chain linked fence,
    desperately eluding the molten monster
    that nips ate my hazardous heels,
        threatening to overturn my insides,
        making hasty work of my evaporating soul.

I didn't foresee this mythical beast, coming hither
    in your liquid demeanor, but you are hitherto.
    and I abscond my fluent intuition, as I absorb
        your audacious temper, used to steamroll
        your way into timorous hearts, and abduct
            brightened souls and disencumbered
            lives, the ones that imprison mellifluous
                confidence and bear witness to the meltdown:'
                "those in glass houses..."

Before I was harmoniously disheveled, I escaped
    your wicked wrath, and as I peer over my shoulder
    I behold and sacred truth not previously encountered:
        "I pray thee Lord my soul to keep."
        you dissolve like a glimmering sunset,
            fading like a waning sunflower on a scorched field
            deplete of nourishment and moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment