Saturday, March 3, 2012

Exorcism




Under my mind, somewhere between ginger muscles
and placating nerves, couched underneath the core
to my wavering faith, lies the essence
that is coveted delicately with tightly kept secrets;
in here lies the precarious Pandora's box,
sometimes enticing, sometimes undermining,
always a crap shoot:

folly,
sacrifice,
desecrated complexities.

I absorb cluttered chatter, and aspire to process
what has gritty substance, discerning what are merely meager
mirages scattered in dusty memories, amassed and preserved,
like a cellar of exquisite nectar, whites and reds;
a petulant portion of these palpable perceptions
are felicitous, but many leave auspicious holes,
and cauterized imprints, that foolishly embed
tremulous truths, tether the spine,
and relinquish forged pride.

I uncoil, just a tad -- "there, there" -- allow cagey emotions
to perilously unravel just a pinch, and observe
my body from atop, peering like a falcon,
as I tremble, and convulse, uninhibitedly,
so sure that damnation will sever my unworthy soul,
while the fearless floodgates to all the acrimony and vexation
pour like a halcyon honey from a hustling hive
from my baby blues, scratching my flushed scarlet cheeks
stretching into dormant tissue.

I open my ceruleans, blink; I ponder, am I still here?
Has survival granted me a second opportunity to flourish,
spread my osprey's wings, and fly, soar, ascend
above the clouds to a safe haven secured just for me:

gratitude,
privilege,
indebtedness.

I seal my eyes, remember the altering transformation,
experience the raw emotion in its purest form,
and shudder, just shudder. I have been granted
one more flight, but rusty redemption has its perils as well.
Atonement has its own malevolence, and I attentively
acquiesce, and acknowledge its virile virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment