Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Slippery Goodbye

Note: This piece was conceived for a contest I entered. We were required to use four words: "pipe, stitched, glow, and machine". I think I got them all in without sounding strange, huh? LOL

Goodbye.jpg

The glow from the tangerine sun
     masks  your weary, vacant heart;
     like a stitched up Raggedy Andy doll,
     your derisive blunders and gestures
           make me wary as I walk on precious
           egg shells whenever we crisscrosses paths.
 
It’s a pipe dream; what I ardently desire
     is probably not what I entirely deserve,
     but that does agonize Mr. Machine;
           press your button and out pours
           ostensible data that spews filth
     in the form of calloused love.
It is a crap shoot. I recklessly turn
     to the magic eight ball and proffer
     a one final lucid question:
           “Why? What did you become?”,
      but the response that is displayed
      reiterates what I intrinsically ascertain
           “Outlook not so good.”
 
I wonder if I am just a tad too slow,
     not picking up the sullied notion
     that perhaps we are not slated
           to walk in milky forests
           or frolic in willowy meadows,
      that perhaps what you fervently crave
      is lusty power, the kind that seeps
           out of stingy eyes and desecrated souls.
 I nullify this communion, retreat
      into the depth of oceans blue,
      discover a sheltered domicile, a haven,
           under aqua seas, where yellow tangs
           and marbled angelfish dwell,
           somewhere never to be detected;
I shall swim under orange-red coral reefs
     in the darkest deep surfs,
     sure not to collapse in a heap
     on some encrusted shore
            unable to inhale translucent air.

No comments:

Post a Comment