Monday, October 1, 2012

Defilement




* This poem had to be exactly 8 lines long and had to be about pain from a heartbreak. So this is my entry. Please know, that this is not necessarily about me.

Defilement

Tension wraps like a coil that encircles and chokes
my defiled consciousness, the histrionic shouts of love
perjured as you trounce and squash severed nerves
                like a buzz saw chewing through tree logs…

I can adjust to heartbreak, that the relationship
                has run its course, that I shall never gaze
                into your sapphire eyes smoldering in lavish light…

What destroys my soul is in knowing you crave him.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one and I love the visual's you use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment. It made me smile. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete