Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Turbulence



In silence I sit, attuned to the pulse
            radiating through my blistered bones,
            as I recall the stinging words,
                        the false accusations,
                        the seething hostility
            spitting through pouty lips that he’s leaving
                        this time the final time.

I am stunned by his reaction but suspect
            the medications are not working,
            or he went off them all together,
            his mood changing drastically
                        from moment to moment.

Like the seasonal winds after an Indian summer,
            he raucously eradicates the trust
                        built from brick after brick,
                        building blocks that ensure
            that this occurrence was thwarted
                       before it blew out of control.

He will return of course, and will apologize
            for the odious comments made
            and inform me he has visited
            his doctor and consistently stays
                        on the regimen that stabilizes
                        his rollicking emotions.
            This time I know I have to abscond,
            but he always holds a special place
                        within my tranquil heart,
                        and I forgive him completely
            because I comprehend he would change
                        if he could escape the noise
                        inside his head, and I also know
            that when he is stable, he is loving and kind.

That is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment