Monday, October 31, 2011

mysterious skin




time: 2:37 a.m.
mood: irritable
place: my bedroom

the velvety darkness hides much
like a whisper of a ghost
in complete shadow

the pulse of the blade
against the nape of my neck
causes a sensation
tingling and titillating
as if somehow my desire
for this abomination
was acceptable

don’t scream or move
no one cares, and no one
will hear you anyway

ironically I open my mouth
to vomit out words of filth
but nothing comes forth

I wrestle in the sheets and duvet
trying to fend of the beast
but I cannot see what is directly
behind me I can only feel sharp
coolness against my jugular
so much so that I almost
welcome the weary outcome

suddenly I am flying out of distorted
other-worlds and spinning
in opposite directions

I see the ocean’s surface and water
fills my lungs as I take one final
lunge to distorted victory

and then I am plunging out of dreams
within dreams of dreams and I cry
please help me but I am now awake

what had just happened
was it a nightmare or just a ghost
that chose to invade the comfort

and safety of my silky slumber
I don’t have the answer
I just know that for now I am free
from this intrusion as I gather
up the soaked sheets and wetness
of the blood stained pillow cases
and rub the soreness around my neck

No comments:

Post a Comment