The stewardess blighted my path
         sabotaging my departure
    steering me far from my destination
    as I alight at an erroneous concourse
        standing at the wrong gate.
    People assemble like a herd of cows
        stopping traffic four ways
        as I attempt to dash
        from gate A28 to C28

I dart in my best dancing shoes, as I cascade
        through the sullen faces,
               their flights canceled,
    sour with fatigue and resentment
    causing me to avoid the perils
               of the stressed folks
    in front of me as they reach
    for keys, cell phones, and firearms

I race like a Olympic sprinter running
   through  a pool of mud as I dare
   to pursue the narrowest path to freedom.
    The air bus arrives in time
               for me to skip
    to my destiny as the car halts,
               losing electricity,
               lights fading to grey
    as I panic and lose my cool facade
        and glance at my watch -
               tick, tick, tick -
    as beads of sweat accumulate
               on my forehead

Damn it!

The train illuminates suddenly, the engine
            hums, as I arrive at Heaven
    to my destination only to discover -
             Flight canceled!

I grumble to myself, waiting in line for stand by,
            knowing that the my reality
            lies in spending my evening
    at Motel 6, ordering a pizza,
            watching "Modern Family"
    on the black and white television