Saturday, August 4, 2012

To Be



It drained like a spigot
    refusing to turn off and be silenced
    'cause once the truth shed illumination,
        I was altered, and an exorcism of pious proportion
            leaked onto the palpable pavement
                 in search of freedom.

The spirits moved, coalesced, had their way,
    flooding out of almond eyes: the serum I swallowed
        now straining my brain, an insanity of sheer mass
            screaming to be liberated, allow
            those apparitions the freedom
    to move about, allow the malignancy to be squelched.
        I trust the angels of salvation to hear sweet music -
                "Glory, glory, Hallelujah" -
        to obliterate ancient secrets that obstructed
        fear, allowing it to consume from within.
    Justice would be served, and there was no holding back
                anymore, never again.

The rape of my flesh and of the mind deteriorated, scorched
                in flames, burning a hole
    where the palpable pain boiled and seared, carved
        its name inside my liver and kidneys,
        burrowing like a rodent hoarding nuts
                for the blistering cold.
    Out spilled toxic truths, how the touch betrayed
        children for countless generations,
            how they wept - I wept -
        for the shattered soul that lay in silence,
            frozen in anguish, humiliation,
            now bleeding through my chest,
        onto the floorboards, as a primal shriek
        deserted my chest in a thousand beats
            per second, a cramp forming near
                the ventricule and aorta.

The release, being born again, meant wearing that scar
        until all roads healed, transformed,
        speaking out, unashamed, the rage
    not burying me for the first time in copious generations,
            as my mind permitted an opportunity
                to breathe claret air.

In the distance, i could her an iron symphony of music,
    as it sought pearly spirits, redeeming me, lifting me,
        causing s separation of countless weight,
            to secede and die, finally free.

Redemption has its price - so does cowardice.
            Now, inhaling, I lay in valleys
        filled with peace and mercy,
    allowing bombs to fall by the wayside,
        digging deep to weed those
        cancerous vines that revolted,
            asphyxiated, decimated.
        No longer a victim, I seek to just be.


No comments:

Post a Comment